Knowing I don't want more kids makes me a bad mom?

My two kids are MY LIFE. I love them so much and know I want to lavish them with whatever I can afford. But I know beyond a doubt that I don't want anymore. I do NOT want to go through the up all nights and the screaming. I just want my boys. Why do people act like this is bad? I want to give them all of my attention. With one in each arm...where would the third even go????

Moms with more than two--this is SO not a judge on you. I applaud you! I came from a family with 3 kids and I don't know how my parents did it. If I could handle more, I would. But financially, emotionally and mentally I am woman enough to admit I can't handle more than two. And my husband is right there with me. We've made the choice for our family.

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Two kids sounds like a perfect family. Why would you ask if you were a bad Mom if you don't want more? I think that is a very good idea. Nobody could possibly criticize you for having two. You made an intelligent and mature decision. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• dont let anyone tell u what is right for u .. if u feel 2 is all u can handle than thats all u can handle..ppl can tell u all day to have a 3rd but at the end of the day ure the one who has to take care of 3 kids while they get to go home to a perhaps? childless and clean house.. so to hell with them do what u need to do for urself
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• To each their own. I have 2 boys and want 2 more kids, but I don't judge people who don't want that many. I can't understand how anyone couldn't want ANY but I still think if they're happy with that choice that's all that matters. It's great that you and your Dh agree. Sounds like yet another version of the "perfect" family to me! =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• That doesn't make you a bad mom at all. I believe that a woman knows when she is done. Some are done at one, some two and on. I have three and I can't imagine just having three, I know that there are more babies in the future for me. Not everyone is the same. Whatever works best for you and your family is the perfect number. Sounds like you know what you want and you have a great family.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't make you a bad mom at all....there are some people that aren't even meant to have kids and others are meant to have a ton! It's really what you can handle....and I stay stop when you feel what you have is your limit! I'm pregnant with #4, due at the end of July...and I KNOW I couldn't handle anymore than 4. Seriously. My husband even agrees.
    This baby has taken such a toll on my body, I couldn't handle growin' another little one inside of me!
    Not to mention my other kiddos are all UNDER the age of 3! lol It's going to be crazy for the next 18 years.....
    So you do what you've got to do, and I applaud you for being the best mother that you can!!! xoxoxoxo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• We only have two, and aren't having anymore. I think it's great if people have lots of kids and can take care of them. I had horrible pregnancies, and my body has been shot. I had a hysterectomy in March so definitely won't be birthing anymore babies!!!! We love having 2, because they are best friends and we can have fun as a family. I'd rather people have a small amount of kids that they can take care of than have a bunch of kids that they can't.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Noone can say that you are bad for that, but some of us feel that it is Gods choice how many children we have! I mean sex is for procreation! But if that is your choice noone can judge you!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Nope, not wanting more kids does not make one a bad mom. I also don't want more, so I got my tubes tied.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i don't think it makes you a bad mom. i have one son. i know for a fact i don't want anymore children. i hated being pregnant. i don't want to go through that again. i had to get an emergency c section. so most likely i'd have to get another c section. i get weird looks when i tell people i only want one child. i know i can't financially support another child. i want my son to have everything i didn't growing up. my dad had 7 children. 4 of them including me were by my mother. no one else knows has to raise your children so they shouldn't be judging you on how many children you should have.
    Anonymous

• What was your question?
    Anonymous