Hotel Chains that are gross!!!

What hotel chains have you stayed at that are gross? What made them gross?
Stayed at any that were really good???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I stayed at a place here in Ky that was called the "Topper Hotel". A guy I knew from work recommended it, said he had visited the town and it was cheap.
    Well, my husband and I got there (we weren't married at the time) and the guy behind the counter asked if we wanted the room for the whole night, or just a couple of hours! No joke, he actually said that. I was floored. We ended up going to a best western instead. I just couldn't bring myself to sleep in a bed that is rented out by the hour.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• We stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Indiana that was full of bugs. Living and dead bugs. And scrapes and dirt spots on the walls and a TV that didn't work. Oh, and cracks in the tile in the bathtub surround and shower stall. Dirty.Moldy.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I forgot to say that we always liked staying at Holidays Inns in the USA and even in Italy.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I LOVE the Hampton Inn/ Hampton Inn and Suites. Everything there feels SO CLEAN to me!
    I"ve stayed in a Holiday Inn and it was alright....they had a decent breakfast in the morning as well....
    Motel 8 is just nasty to me...at least the ones i've had to stay in....
    Anonymous

• Not sure , but I LOVE Comfort suites! I only stay there if I can!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• @gertie41, I stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Tallahassee, Fl, that was fantastic. The room they gave us hadn't been cleaned yet from the last person (just that room service hadn't gotten around to it yet) and for the mistake they upgraded us to a room with a king sized bed for free. It was clean, it was nice, especically after a week long camping trip.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 1:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• The hilton hotel is the only one I ever stayed in. It was a one time thing for a week at disneyland
    Anonymous

• The WORST I've ever stayed in was a Day's Inn in Monticello, UT. It was the only hotel we could find in the area on our drive from WA to TX, and we figured it's a decent hotel chain so why not. There were bugs in the room, it smelled horrible, felt dirty, and when we went down to swim the next morning, a centipede or some other furry caterpillar was in the pool and stung me :( Worst hotel stay ever.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• We LOVE Hilton/Hampton, Red Lion, Holiday Inn, and if we need cheaper "budget" style then we go to Ramada.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I used to work in housekeeping and I can tell you ALL hotels are gross. You are lucky if they change the bed and you have clean sheets. But comforters and blankets get changed once a month... maybe. so when your kids are sitting on that nice bed playing games or whatever, they are also laying in someone else's wet spot, pee stain, place where someone changed their baby. Hotels are just disgusting.
    Anonymous