So cool!

Ok so I am reading on the ancient egyptian faith and I am just having so much fun learning. Please feel free to input here because like I said, I am still learning. Did you know that Amenhotep IV made a revolution in order to say that Aton (who was once known as Ra) was the one and only god? He actually had the name "gods" removed! It didnt last long apparently and everyone went back to normal but I thought it was interesting. Could you help me with other things I should read on?

WonderWoman1979

Asked by WonderWoman1979 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I saw that on a program a couple weeks back and found it interesting too.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Read the Egyptian Book of the Dead.. The only truly complete one is the Papyrus of Ani The Negative Confession reads like a more complicated version of the 10 Commandments...
    The translation is by E.A. Wallis Budge.. (old translation, but one of the only ones that you can get)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• thank you
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My extent of Egyptian mythology/religion comes from watching way too much Stargate, lol. The show did make me want to learn more (I remember studying it in school but it all seemed so confusing back then), just haven't gotten around to actually looking into it. I think my son has a book on ancient Egypt somewhere I should look at.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I am very drawn to Egypt and I have yet to understand why. My whole house is decorated haha!
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I have a suggestion as to why you feel so drawn to Egypt. Do you think you may have live a life or lives there? From what I have heard/seen, there are alot of people who have a connection to Egypt. Personally, I am more drawn to Ireland, but oh well. lol
    And personally, when I was in school, I found their burial rituals fascinating. Yeah, I was a strange kid. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• "I have a suggestion as to why you feel so drawn to Egypt. Do you think you may have live a life or lives there?" ___________________
    I was just thinking the same thing Ashley. Wonderwoman do you think you might of had a past life(or a couple of past lives) in Egypt? ever sense I was a small child I've also felt very drawn to Egypt and Isis is one of two of my Patron Goddesses(the other being Hecate) and I think i might of had at lest one past life in Egypt. I'm drawn to Egypt, Scotland and France. (and a tiny bit drawn to England for some weird reason)
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2010