Self Proclaimed "Super Moms"

Do you think it's arrogant to admit your a super mom? I am in no way a super mom, but know some women that actually self proclaim it, without even being complimented first, and when they are they go "yeah I know i'm a supermom".
I have a friend that bakes bread from "scratch" ......her idea of it though is baking it in her BREADMAKER! lol Just and example. lol She's got 6 children and because of all these kids she has, she thinks she's just incredible!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ive been told I am because of my full plate and how I handle it. However, I do feel accomplished and wonder how I do it sometimes. I feel its more of doing my responsibilities than anything.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 2:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• PS...I've always been taught that if someone gives you a compliment that it's polite to say thank you, but don't toot your own horn!
    Anonymous

• I agree with you on this or those who say "use your brain" and claim they are "smarter than you"
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• If you have to tell people you're a duck you probably aren't a duck. Thats what my grandma used to say. lol Holds true!
    Anonymous

• I've been told I'm a "supermom" and of course I say thank you. However, I don't really consider myself one. I do try to do my very best as a mom and wife, but it's not always easy! I would NEVER self-proclaim myself as one! That just seems so arrogant!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I have twins and I've had several people who only have one say to me I am a super mom just because they have a tough time with one and I have two. I'm far from the super mom title but I just think its funny when people tell me I am.
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I know a woman who could seriously be in the short line of actual super moms. She denies it herself, but she is great. Others who claim the title themselves are usually the ones with the big "horrible" secrets hidden and putting on the "I'm so perfect" front for everyone else to see. Drives me nuts.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• "They are only trying to make themselves feel better. If they had any self confidence, they wouldn't have to brag about themselves.
    Anonymous

• There is no such thing as super mom and those who think they are are dilusional!

Answer by older at 1:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I'll admit that there are days here and there that I will amaze myself with what I managed to accomplish with a baby and a toddler in my arms and at my feet, and I'll tell my mom or my close friends about it because I'm happy/proud of myself. But I've never labeled myself "super mom" or anything like that.

It's not so much bragging it's "I can't believe I just got all of that done...I don't even know how it happened."
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2010