What's your favorite saying from your childhood?

The favorite thing that someone was always saying as you were growing up.

Mine is something my dad used to say whenever my brother or me would ask for the random, stupid stuff kids ask for (a sister when my brother was born, my brother wanted a race car at age 8).
He'd say "Sh*t in one hand, want in the other and see which one fills up first".
Got me giggling every time.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my dad always said, whenever we were going out somewhere without him, "don't have fun without me!" my mom would always say, "hold onto your teeth!" whenever she went around a corner too fast. lol..

i'm pretty sure my girls will say their favorite saying from me is , "suck it up and shake it off!"... i say this whenever they fall or get upset about something that we cannot change... i love when they literally stand up and shake it off. HA! so cute. (my girls are NOT wimps... they're tough, and i love it!) either that or me saying, "if you do not stop i will pull your liver out through your nose and make you eat it."
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 3:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• What my parents would say before spanking me... "This is going to hurt me a lot more than it's going to hurt you." I would want to say... "Then let me SPANK YOU!"...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My dad always said "I'm on a see food diet, I'm gonna eat everything I see"
    I thought it was hillarious.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My dad used to tlee me "Almost only counts in horseshoes and hagernades"

I never really fully understood that
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 2:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I used to always say I was going to run away. I was about 7 or 8. Finally my Mom said "then take off your clothes and go out naked!" I said "why", She said "because if your leaving your going out the same way you came in, NAKED" . I would have been Soo embarassed to walk around the neighborhood naked so I never left.
    Also she used to say to us all the time "Get over it"!
    Anonymous

• The saying is "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades'.

lol... no wonder you didn't understand it...:D

My dad would say when talking about something hard...harder than the back of God's head. EX..." Damn Mary that meatloaf is harder then the back of God's head.".
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My dad always said "Use your head for something besides a hatrack". "Buy you books and buy you books and all you do is tear the covers off" "Dont believe everything you read" "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" He also called everyone a "Dipsh#t" and said, "Not too shabby" He thought everyone in the world except him was gay, even my mom. He used the Bible as a weapon and was the most judgemental person I ever met. Bless his ornery little black heart. :)
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 2:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Dont stick your elbows out too far, they may go home in a different car!

(my mom said that all the time when we'd travel anywhere)
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• The Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Answer by admckenzie at 3:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• The shake it off thing is so cute. I use the same thing and she does it with such a serious look on her face, it's adorable. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2010