Did you hear about nasty flesh lookimg stuff found in Capri Sun??

This has happened twice that I've seen on facebook and both were different flavors and bought in different stores.

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 2:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I've heard it was supposedly mold...but if you've seen the pictures and how they lady described it, (she cut it into pieces, some of which was sent for lab testing), it does NOT sounds like mold...
    but that's what they're saying.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I've heard about it, but since the pictures are on face book, I haven't seen them. What was it? All I've heard is "nasty" and something about intestines.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• http://www.facebook.com/valeri.r.huju?v=wall&story_fbid=121211711254466#!/album.php?aid=62218&id=1344167118&ref=mf

Will it let you look or do you have to be logged in to Facebook?
    Anonymous

• SOUNDS

Unsubstanciated to me!
    Anonymous

• What do you mean? Someone posted it on their page after finding it and tests are being done to find out what it is.
    Anonymous

• http://consumerist.com/2010/06/whats-this-in-the-capri-sun-box.html

It was MOLD. 

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• “We recently received word from a consumer about an issue with a Capri Sun pouch. We understand that some of you are concerned. Now that we’ve tested the material, we’ve confirmed it was mold. While unpleasant, it is not a safety issue. If this had been a safety issue, Kraft Foods certainly would have taken the necessary steps, including issuing a recall. As a general food safety tip, please remember that because Capri Sun beverages don’t have preservatives, a leaky pouch can cause the beverage to spoil and discarding it is the right action to take."

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• It looked bad, but reminds me of the time someone found the "thumb" in the chili from that restaurant. Don't remember which one, but I think it turned out they actually had something to do with it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• eww i looked and it looked grosss! good thing my kids only drink clear juices with clear pouches! but that mom is nuts i would have sued the hell out of kraft! that could have killed someone
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• "eww i looked and it looked grosss! good thing my kids only drink clear juices with clear pouches! but that mom is nuts i would have sued the hell out of kraft! that could have killed someone"

How the hell do you sue for that? How was it the companies fault? Her pouch was leaking, and it's slim to none to find out who caused it to leak and for how long it was leaking. So basically it started rotting, growing mold.

If her kid actually drank it and got sick I could see having Krafts manufacturer pay for any doc. visits as a courtesy.
    Anonymous