those of you who have or had mirena i have a questions!!!!!! a little tmi

so ive had mirena for about 9 months now and last a few days ago me and hubby we going to you know be intimate and he said that his man package was so because my mirena poked him now he normally feels it when we have sex but this time he said it really hurt so i went and checked it and i could barely feel it which is weird its normally is longer than what it felt so then next morning i went to check it again and i couldnt feel it at all which really freaked me out, so i call my doctor and she said its very normal for them to move like that it just im worried that since ive only had it for 9 months and it has already moved all the way up how many times in the next 5 years with this happen?? if this has happened to you how long did you have it in for and did it happen again?

katieBennett

Asked by katieBennett at 2:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have had mine for 2 years. I cant feel the strings never had. However, the strings poking your husband is normal, mine did with my husband. After a while he couldn't feel it anymore. So....I wouldn't worry about it unless you are having bladder problems, a fever, etc.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I couldnt ever feel my strings & my husband said he couldnt feel them either. My sister also had the mirena & her strings must have been longer bc her husband had complained. Her IUD had moved & it wasnt misplaced- but it wasnt correctly in place anymore.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• if you can't feel the strings you need to have it checked for proper placement. I have had my mirena about 3 weeks and that's what I was told when the doctor placed it. it is possible that your strings are just too short, but if the mirena is not properly placed then it might not work as well.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Ever heard of "punctuation"?? You're question is one huge run on sentence and difficult to read.
    Anonymous

• umm anonymous person i wasnt worried about punctuation obviously you are and you cant answer my question so dont its not a big deal
    katieBennett

Answer by katieBennett at 9:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2010