Cabbage Soup Diet: Have you done it? What were your results?

My husband is considering trying the cabbage soup diet. He's completely unhappy with the way he looks and cannot seem to lose the "spare tire" around his mid-section. I, personally, think he looks great...but he always finds flaws in his apperance. Anyhow, whatever makes him happy. I just want to know if this is really safe for him to do and would it be safe for me to do with him. I should mention that I'm 22 weeks pregnant right now, I haven't gained any weight, but I was a little over weight to begin with... Anyhow, I don't think I need to lose weight, but I know that it will be hard for him to stick to the diet if I'm eating something different. So, thoughts, advice, your results...any info would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I tried it once with my mom. We both ended up with the runs. It was bad. The soup tasted good though, it's just not good to eat only that. I wouldn't recommend it while pregnant, but go ahead and have a bowl or two sometimes with him.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• You will lose some weight but it will not be long term. You can't just eat cabbage soup the rest of you life LOL Realistically you should try eating better foods over all. Don't waste time with a fad diet.
    Anonymous

• My mom did it a few years ago. She has actually done it a few times. I tried the soup once, and it tasted pretty good. But isn't that almost the only thing you are aloud to eat? I know she got the runs really bad and was dehydrated from it, and then once she stopped the diet, she ended up gaining back the weight she had lost. The second time she did it, she only did it because they were going somewhere and she wanted to lose a few pounds quick. I wouldn't suggest doing it while pregnant though.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• If he truly wants to be healthy and lose weight he needs to get over the fad diet quick fix and commit to a healthy lifestyle. And a big fat NO to you doing that while pregnant.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 5:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• The kitten probably just got something in their eyes. Keep it clean. I think it could wait till her vet visit. Just remember cats clean their faces with their paws maybe she just scratched her eye with her claw. It happens all the time she will be just fine until you take her to the vet.
    babygirl66610

Answer by babygirl66610 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I tried it after giving birth to my daughter and the soup was delicious but it didn't work for me. I followed the plan exactly and ate every meal as I was supposed to, but no matter how much soup I ate, I was still hungry, and I didn't drop any pounds!
    biebermommy

Answer by biebermommy at 5:27 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Im not big on cabbage so I foung this diet that is practically the same just a slight variation in the soup. I am trying this diet at the end of this week ( I have to go grocery shopping first lol) here is a link to the diet. Check out youtube as well.
    http://sacredheartsoup.com/
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 6:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010