Sort of a Twilight question.

This chick that is new to our family (married in) and I were chatting about our love for Twilight. She seems pretty cool. She told me that she read all four Twilight books in one day...? I'm not the type to call anyone's bluff, but that sounds really far fetched. I'm not sure if it's even possible. Is that possible? I mean, how many pages would that be? I thought that she meant that she spent 24 collective hours reading them, but she says that she read them all in one single day!!! Incredible.
Can that happen?

NewLady77

Asked by NewLady77 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• not far fetched at all. i've read the first 4 harry potter books in one day and read the entire lord of the ring series in one day. you can do about 60 pages in an hour and there are 24 hours in a day. she's not lying
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• um... i read 2 of them in 12 hours... one sitting... thinking it's pretty possible. lol. (i had to wait for the others... couldn't afford them. LOL!)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 3:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Not likely, but very possible. I've read the latest two Dresden File books in a single day, in 12 hours time. One had around 425 pages, the other close to 500 I believe.
    But, that was also on a day that my husband had a daddy/daughter day and I had the house to myself, no distractions.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I guess you could. I thought I was doing good reading all four in 2 weeks lol.
    Anonymous

• I guess if you had absolutely nothing else to do during the day you could. I'm a really, really quick reader and it took me almost 2 weeks....but then again, I only read about an hour and a half a day. She could also be skimming them rather than reading and absorbing every word.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Wow. I must be a slow reader then. I mean, I could get no sleep, not eat, and sit there all day reading, but I wouldn't come close to finishing all four!
    NewLady77

Answer by NewLady77 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• It's around 2500 pages total depending on hardcover, paperback etc. That's about 104 pages an hour so if she spent all day reading like a literal 24 hours, that works out to be about 2 pages a minute. Impossible? No, Improbable? I think so. I mean that doesn't count eating sleeping using the bathroom. Not to mention, so what if someone tears through them. I think it's pointless. I like to savor the story. I'm a really fast reader but if you get going too fast you miss parts, comprehension and such.

I did read them in three days but that included next to no sleep and I had kids to take care of.

heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 4:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• If you do nothing else Id say its possible.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• my mom is a speed reader, she read all 4 in 2 weeks. it took me about 3weeks. and that was reading every WAKING hour.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I don't know about that! I did it in a week..I could've maybe did it in two days.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2010