Home birth?

I am just purely curious about what your thoughts on home birth are? I have had 2 all natural hospital births and 1 home birth. Just wondered where everyone else here stands on it.

tnwellnessmom

Asked by tnwellnessmom at 3:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If I have another baby I will have a home birth for sure!!!! I do not need a hospital where people die to have my baby. As long as everything is going good with your pregnancy I do not see why a homebirth would be anything but grand! Oh and having the kids there to see their new sibling being born how cool! Great thing to share in school after the summer is over!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I think your putting your baby at serious risk. I don't agree with home births at all and I think there should be laws against it to protect babies.
    Anonymous

• Anon:47, where are your facts? A birth preformed by a Dr at a hospital posses risks too! Did you knwo that if you go to a hospital a Dr is more than lickly to tell you that you need a C/S? Did you also know that babies die in hospitals because of outbreaks? What is someone comes in with say mengitius? The hospital is quarntied but what about the babies? They can die! If you are in your home and have a trained midwife it is much safer than a hospital. Again SHOW ME PROOF!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i have had 4 out of my 5 children at home. i love it! it is so comfortable. my last baby was born 2 1/2 weeks ago. i guess i had back labor. laying on my back was very very uncomfortable, as was the tub, and being on all fours. there was relief when i stood, so that is how i had my baby. you can't have that kind of freedom of birthing position when you are in the hospital. you also have the comfort of your own bed after the birth and that is just wonderful!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• happy, I am soo glad you shared that with us!!! I just got my monthly friend but thought I was pregnant(kind of bittersweet that I'm not) I was already talking to my cousin about being my midwife! I can not wait to have another baby and have this one at home and not in some hospital where people die! Oh and not have nasty nurses because I am 23 but look 16.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I have read many studies that show that there are higher risks with home births. One was a popular Seattle-based study. Google it. I would never have a home birth.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you give us links? We have 2 women here that have had home births. There is no factual evidence that says home birthing is bad or dangerous! With and trained midwife it is safer than in a hospital!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Google "home birth deaths" you will find countless sources that will tell you the risk of death is much higher at home. If your willing to take a chance with your baby's life then you should be held responsible if they die during a home birth. Children dying from home births and co sleeping is at such epidemic rates right now maybe jail time is the only way to get women to start taking their child's life seriously.

Anonymous

• Personally, I would never have one. I like the security of having so many doctors and professionals around should a problem arise. People say that a home birth following a healthy pregnancy should be fine, but MANY healthy pregnancies need emergency care or c-sections at the last minute. Both myself and my mother would have died had either of us had a home birth. Neither of the problems could have been predicted either. That's scary to me. Not to mention, I had a wonderful hospital birth experience and stay. I was so pampered, comfortable, and catered to that I didn't want to leave, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Wow anon could you please enlighten us with SOME LINKS???? I did not have my DD at home but we have co-slept for 2 1/2 years and my DD is fine!!! If you do things the right way everything will be OK. Oh and if you look up how many unnecessary C/S are done each year that would astound you! Oh yeah and you know the risk of C/S right? Please GIVE US SOME LINKS OF GREAT QUESTION MARK!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2010