So be honest with me. If you had scarred, out of shape, white legs, would you still go swim at a public pool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had an epiphany about this the other day. I am not overweight but my thighs are huge. I exercise everyday and eat healthy but these thunder thighs are not budging. I got to the point where I wasn't going to buy a swimsuit and swim when we go to the beach next month. Then it hit me, what kind of example would that be for my daughter. Just because I have some imperfections I can't do something I love, that I will let my insecurity ruin a part of my vacation. Then I thought some more about it. I am healthy, I am happy, I have beautiful kids and a wonderful husband, I am so lucky and I won't let something like this bother me anymore. I will continue to exercise and better myself physically but I will not let some flab bring me down. So yes I will wear a bathing suit in public even though I have fat, stretched marked ridden, pale, thighs.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I don't have scarred legs, but they are fairly white and out of shape and I've gone to the beach. I figure I'm never gonna see these people again so who cares.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• thhats tough. lol... honestly, i don't know... i'd like to THINK that i had better self-esteem than that, but i'm pretty sure i don't....
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I do and I do. My legs are so white, you almost need sunglasses to look at them if I'm in the sun. I have several scars from cutting myself shaving, bumping into things, animal scratches and bites, hot glue falling on one of them. Oh, yeah, they are *slightly* out of shape.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Sure! There is a good chance that there will be other people there with imperfections so I think you are safe!
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I agree, who cares what others think? My back is scarred up and ghostly white & I still go out. If they don't like it they don't have to look at it.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Yes!
    ( shoot how can you tan them if you constantly hide them?)

The most I do is:
    I have thick thighs so I wear shorts swim bottoms so that it helps and looks better.

I also think if a person is uncomfortable with the way something looks on their body, they should do the work to fix it. : ) It's far better than hiding out and living with limitations that aren't needed.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• my legs are covered in stretch marks, and are as pale as it gets. but yes i plan to go swimming this summer. i dont care who i blind.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Also who says you have to be tan?

White is just as beautiful as tan.

Have you seen those girls with really pale complexions? They have some of the most beautiful skin I've ever seen. Really.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE YOU!!!!!!.....SO WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS THINK
    Anonymous