Can I continue 30 day shred pregnant?

I have been doing the 30 day shred workout program every day for the last 9 days and just found out I am pregnant this morning. Is it ok for me to continue with it, I am only about 4 weeks so there is no issue of having a huge baby belly in the way or throwing me off balance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Health

• You should be OK, most drs dont recommend STARTING new new vigorous routine if you have been lazy and just found out you're prego. If you're unsure, ask your dr, and maybe use a lighter weight (3lbs instead of 5) if you're concerned. Just dont go rearranging the furniture and you should be alright.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• If you've been doing it and you're only 4 weeks you should be fine! I played ice hockey till 11 weeks and now at 16 weeks I'm still lifting heavy in the gym (like bench pressing 115lbs still). My Dr. said no contact sports after 12 weeks and that the lifting should be fine as long as long as if still feels fine. My body was already conditioned to it so you wouldn't want to take up something like that while pregnant but continuing is usually OK. Lots of avid runners run up until 8+ months!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2010