Is it wrong to divorce your husband because he has no goals in life and it is dragging you down?

If not, how to cope with a relationship with a lazy person who is satisfied with only working minimum wage jobs when he has a family? (I mean no active searching for a better job and has no job goals).

No, he was not always this way nor was he this way when we married.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Its not wrong to divorce him if he started acting this way during the marriage,but if you knew before then you should of never married him,But it is true you can't move in life and reach better places if a person that you are greatly linked to,doesnt want to.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• There are always deal breakers and this sounds like it may be for you. I'm with you though. I'd leave a lazy bum too. I just don't understand men like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• um ...yes u took a vow for better or worse richer or poor.....my man has been out of a job for a year and trust me it has been a damn hard year but im with him till i die.....and yes he has never been like this but the econmy sucks right now and he cant find a decent job so i dont see what the problem is....you just gotta work on it and spend less
    Anonymous

• If your not happy then do something about it.
    Anonymous

• OP:

Anon, I'm not sure you are comprehending what I am saying. Yes, the economy is not at its best right now, BUT there are jobs! I have one! I am saying this guy of mine does NOT ACTIVELY look for anything better. Jobs do not fall into your lap most times. You have to be looking, making connections, putting in applications, resumes. He does not care about our family. I seem to be the only one who does. We have been talking about this/fighting for a year and he says he will do better, and picks up applications, but never turns them in.

I just want to make the best decision for my family. We have 3 kids. If I am going to be in this alone, I'd rather be single.
    Anonymous

• My ex didnt work minimum wage but he was doing too little to better his situation with school and occupation so that is why he is my EX. like PP have said, a deal breaker is a deal breaker, don't go down on a sinking ship with him.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Dump him. He can watch your kids while you work.
    Anonymous

• You made 3 kids with a lazy bum? Better late than never to get rid of him and hope to do better next time.
    Anonymous

• Well if you think you can do bad all by yourself. Leave him.

Answer by louise2 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Perhaps he can be the SAHD and you get another job. There no rule that a man has to have goals.
    Anonymous