When to make announcement

I just found out that we are pregnant with our fourth child !!!I was really wanting to keep the news to ourselves till later in the pregnancy. I just lost a baby about 2 years ago and don't want to tell everyone if something happens this time around, like when you are walking in Walmart and bump into one of your mother's friends and they ask you when your due and that you look great and have not put on much weight...yada yada. At what point is it considered rude to have not said anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would wait until you are about 3 months along to tell anyone. It's less risky.
    Nightmarechick

Answer by Nightmarechick at 6:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I'm 7 weeks and we've only told family. I'd wait until about 3 months.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• it's pretty acceptable to wait until you are 3 months or 13 weeks into the pregnancy. Typically most miscarriages happen within the first trimester of pregnancy. (I've had 3, so I know what you mean about feeling insecure about telling others, you don't want their sympathy if you happen to loose it, and you dont' want to jinx anything.).

With this pregnancy I waited until I was about 10 weeks before I told even my mother about my pregnancy. The only people that knew were my daughter and my fiance.

When others found out, I told them why I waited and they didn't feel left out, and completely understood my decision to wait to tell people about the baby.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• As far as rude goes.. well, IMO my brother was a little rude about announcing his GF's pregnancy (she was 8 months pregnant). But we got over it after the first few minutes of being told, and were just excited about it.

So even if someone things it's rude, most likely they will probably get over it in favor of excitement for you and the soon to be.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I waited until I started showing--around 4 months. I'm on the thin side, so having a little baby bump--was hard to "explain"! :o) Maybe because I knew I was pregnant, I thought everyone could tell--so I finally "confessed!" :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I'm wondering this too. I wanted to wait to tell everyone besides my hubby till 13 weeks since my last miscarriage was at 13 weeks, but I don't want to hurt anyone. :/ It was just so hard and people still come up to me asking if I've already had the baby or what happened. In the awful event that it happened again, I'd want to be able to CHOOSE who to confide in. I just know my family/friends and the word would get around one way or another. I also know that they'd be hurt/mad if I waited to tell them.

My 5 year old cousin still thinks I'm pregnant and it's just taking a longer time than usual. She always asks me why it's taking so long for the baby to come out of my belly. :[
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• past first trimester is what we did
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 9:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2010