Do you think that having a mirror to watch the birth of your baby could actually help you push better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it couldn't hurt to try..i wish i had though of that..i had a hard time trying to push my self with my birth cause i was so tired,hungry,and drugged up during my birth..if i have another baby i might consider that option...if you do decide on it..post an tell us m/b someelse might want to try it..gd luck on what ever you decide to do
    TOMBOI

Answer by TOMBOI at 6:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I had two c-sections, but ew.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• no way! i believe there is a reason i cant see down there. lol the thought of watching myself give birth is unsettling. jmo
    Anonymous

• Couldn't hurt. i watched my son being born,its pretty cool!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I didn't have one either time, but I could see how it would keep you motivated when you're tiring out and you feel like you've been pushing forever.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• yuck. thats something i don't wanna watch. it would freak me out seeing a slimy bubble coming out
    Anonymous

• Not for me... I am so busy concentrating on pushing (usually with my eyes closed) that I wouldn't look.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• possibly, but i think not having to lay down on your back would help a heck of a lot more.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I had one and it actually discoaraged me. He kept slipping back in after I would push as hard as I possibly could.
    Anonymous

• They offered me a mirror but I didn't want to watch. The thought of watching what was happening to vagina kind of turns my stomach. But if you think you could handle watching go ahead. It could help, I never really thought of watching for that reason before you mentioned it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2010