Am I over reacting to this?

My 13 yr old dd's father hits, slaps and punches my dd and there are marks left on her! Child Protective Service agent Jeana told me "Its not against WI law to hit a child".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Thank you ladies for your help and encouragement. My dd and I will never give up fighting for her freedom! I have already done everything everyone has suggested and have gotten nowhere! I love my dd and will never give up - I just need a break - ya know? Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers! She and I both appreciate it very much!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• thats not dicipline, it's friggin abuse. i'd have him arrested for battering
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Jeana needs to wake-up!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• OMG!!!!! I have no words! You need to keep her away from him. Take pictures and keep good documentation.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I can't keep her away from him. He has a ton of money and I don't - so he has a team of lawyers while I have none. The courts say it's ok for him to parent as he sees fit - including hitting and kicking her never mind the 4 inch by 3 inch bruise he left on her or that his kicking her made her fall down 2 flights of stairs outside in the snow at 15 degrees!
    She HATES being with him and is suicidal there and the guardian ad litem says shes just being rebellious.
    Anonymous

• i live in Wisconsin and this is news to me!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Can you call a local news outlet and try to get some public out rage and support? Put some pressure on them? IMO, kicking is def. child abuse.
    Anonymous

• take pictures and document it. Tell her that when he does hit her and leaves a mark to call the police immediately after. Even if she has to go to a friends or neighbors house to call. Keep continually documenting it, and reporting it. The more you have documentation, the more you have up against the courts, and there is only so much lawyers can fight.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• This is crazy! And absolutely abuse! I would take her to the ER every single time she came home with a bruise and report it! I would be at DCS every day, and have them show me where the law says it is "okay" to kick, hit or punch your child! I would keep fighting if I had to call the Governor! Honey, you can't sit back and let this be done to your daughter, and if she is willing to talk about what is happening to her you have to help her fight to stay away!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Can you tell me what state you are from? Perhaps I can find something for you that may help.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2010