im at wits end with this diaper rash! pleaseeee help!

My son has had a diaper rash for a month now! its horrible and is spreading.... i change him as soon as he pees, i have used every diaper cream known to man, i have used yeast creams (nystatin) ive cut out all citrus, i took him to the dr for it and all they did was say its diaper rash give me more nystatin and say change him more..... well i change him every hour if not twice an hour! i need help....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ive even changed his diaper brand.....
    Anonymous

• Have you tried let him air dry?
    Paste of vasaline and corn starch
    or that cream in a little grey tub and I can't think of what it is called, pricey but works well........
    geez hope I can back to you with the name of it
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• u should probably get him checked. it might be a yeast infection rather than a diaper rash. same thing with my daughter, i thought it was a diaper rash and i treated it like a diaper rash and it never!!!! went away. thankfully my pedi answers simple questions on the phone and told me right a way that it was a yeast infection and said i needed to go get over the counter yeast infection cream and spread it on the affected area. it went away within 3 days. i was so happy!
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 7:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• whew, "Sudo Cream" really good stuff.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• get some mllk of magnesia and cornstarch. what did was straight out pour the MoM onto my babe's bum, and then sprinkle the cornstarch on... and let her lay around on a towel for a while without a diaper on... you could make a paste out of the MoM and CS if you want... it cleared up my dd's rash within a day (after about 3 times doing this)

she has really bad eczema, and this actually helped her rash a bit, too.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 7:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• A few months ago my son had a diaper rash. So of course I changed his diaper after every time he went and I put desitin on it, and it made it worse and it just kept getting worse. So then I stopped putting anything on it and just washed it with soap and water twice a day, and then it started getting a lot better and it quickly went away. So basically just try keeping it really clean instead of lathering it up with cream. Maybe that will help.
    Anonymous

• let it air dry, but a really good diaper rash cream is Dr. Bourdaex's Butt Paste.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I swear by Aquaphor--it's a petroleum (Vaseline) based product that is highly recommended by doctors. It'll heal the worst rashes over night!

Give him a bath with clean coolish water. Dry him well, and let air dry for a few minutes--to make sure there is no surface moisture on him. Slather on the Aquaphor, and put on a clean diaper. Change diaper every couple of hours--especially at the first sign of wetness.

ALSO, if you are giving him apple juice, switch to white grape instead...my son had the WORST rashes when he was drinking apple juice (and horrible bowel movements), which all cleared up within a day of switching to white grape.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Let him run around without a diaper. Take him out in the sun for a while (no more than five minutes naked though!)

Answer by admckenzie at 7:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• oooh, yeh... the juices are what killed my second dd... i ended up going to V8 fusion, and kept with the orange ones... (the mango and such) and she hasn't had a problem since (she got the rash AFTER she was potty trained, though... so i knew it was because of the juice)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 7:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2010