Evaporation Line?

I took a step one HPT yesterday. When nothing came on the results right away I got frustrated, and set it down before the 3-5 minutes was up. I looked at it a few hours later and saw a line. I know after 10 minutes a test is no good, but is it possible the line appeaered before the 10 minutes? Also I read about evaporation lines and have considered that. Only thing is I've used these test before and even after a few days I have never seen an evaporation line on them. I took a 2nd test at 10pm the same night and not to my supprised it came up negative. My doctor told me last pregnancy I have very low hcg in the begining, and even with my last one test negative at night even after blood work was done. But I looked that test today at 5pm and no evaporation line. Just seeing what everyone thought about this. I'm resting in a week unless AF shows up before then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think that test just so happened to do that, but that you shouldn't read too much into it. How late are you?
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Only a few day. I'm gonna wait awhile to test again.
    Anonymous

• Try clearblue digital. It says pregnant or not pregnant so no guessing with lines! I prefer those, the others can play tricks with your head!
    Anonymous

• Well, I'll be 3 days late tomorrow and I'm never late. I think I've been a day early like twice, but that's it. I've taken 2 tests, one being this morning and it was definitely negative. It was one that says "YES" or "NO" so there so no confusion :[ I don't want to waste anymore money on tests so I'm going to try to just wait to see if I start. I don't have insurance yet. Hopefully things get worked out soon so if I end up being 8+ days late I can see a DR.

Oh and I don't know if you check your cervix, but mine is still very high and wet. I keep checking in the bathroom to see if I've started yet because it feels like maybe, but it's just discharge (TMI, I know haha). Usually before/during your period your cervix should be low and open to allow blood flow out. Also, many women complain of being "dry" before period
    Anonymous