Would Christian marriage counseling would do me any good if i'm not Christian?

We can't afford real counseling and I'm desperate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• no.
    there are alot of places htat offer counseling on a sliding scaole. google your area
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• it would be better than nothing.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Sure, one could. If you told him or her up front that you weren't a Christian and had no interest in converting, he or she could still counsel you. Just because one is Christian, doesn't mean he or she can't help you.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Many Christian counselors can counsel without referring to the Bible. I agree that it can't hurt. Just ask them to focus on the marriage itself and less on Christian concepts specifically. I had a Christian counselor for years but told him to keep his private beliefs to himself and I am a Christian. I wanted to deal with the issue not religion.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I would be open to it, you never know it may be the thing that saves your marriage. You may also find more resources through this type of counseling, that you may not find through others. Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I would agree with pp's if they were talking about a counselor that was christian not a marriage counselor for Christians.
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to try but imo I don't think it would work.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2010