do you get pressure from your child(ren) to provide them w/ a sibling?

With promises of helping you, changing diapers, etc?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 8:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wish you the very best of luck!!! It will come... stay strong! Good Luck
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 8:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My 5 year old son has been begging us to have a baby for a while now! We have been trying with no luck yet, but he does not understand that! For a while he was going around telling people there is a baby in my belly. Now anytime I tell him I have a surprise for him or need to talk to him he asks if it is a baby! He would make an amazing big brother and cant wait for the time to come!

Anonymous

• Oh yeah, I have 5... baby is 8 next week. They try very hard. But oh no NOT me!!! good luck
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 8:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Ummm....no. But then my 1st children were twins so instant siblings.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• my 3 year old has been bugging me for a baby sister for over a year now. She says she is gonna change its diapers and feed it.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i think my dd is trying to bribe me to have it early. lol i'm pregnant and every day she asks when the baby is going to come out so she can feed it and change it's diaper. she is super excited, but she has it set in her mind it's a girl. she has told me it's not a boy several times. it's a surprise until october though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Yes she hates being an only child.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Not really, he is 13 and asks once in a while and all I have to say is, " If I have another baby then you don't get all my attention and whatever you want. The baby will be crying and screaming and you will have to help watch the baby and change diapers." That changes his mind EVERYTIME.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Nope. I'm sure my kids think we have plenty in the family already. My oldest was only 15 months when her brother was born and he was 13 months when his sister was born. They were 3, 4 and 5 when the youngest was born 4 years ago and were totally surprised when I announced a few weeks ago that they were getting another baby brother/sister in July. We're done after that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• DS want me to have a baby so bad, he wants a baby in the house he loves them, and wants someone else to play with. he's great with his baby cousins. but DH doesnt want another so I guess where stuck
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2010