Will you pay for your child's college education?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We are saving for it so we hopefully can. If by chance we cant afford to pay for all of it then we wont. We just want college to be a very real option for our child because it really wasnt for us.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• YES! I think it is very important, and will do anything to make sure they have a good life! My parents wouldnt even buy my books for college! Why would any parent want to watch their child struggle? College is expensive, there is no way of being able to pay for it on a low paying job, and if they get loans then when the graduate they will have a ton of debt! I would rather pay for college and give them an advantage at life!
    Anonymous

• Yes...sort of. They have established trust funds and will inherit my mother's estate when she dies. They will each be millionaires when that happens. If they get to college age before my mother passes, we will front them the money, and take it out of their inheritances when they receive it.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• We will help them with what we can. right now we don't have much to eat off, less put in college funds.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• anon :22, what type of pre-paid college fund did you use? I'm truly curious...looking into options for my toddlers...
    Anonymous

• We are trying. Paying what we can and he is taking out loans. He's going to have a lot to pay back. I wish we had saved more when the kids were young. My daughter will be the same. We will have some money from a lawsuit thankfully so we can help out a bit more before it is all said and done.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• We will certainly pay for what we can as long as they agree to keep a job while going to school (for their fun stuff).
    TheBodyShopMom

Answer by TheBodyShopMom at 8:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• if we have the money to yes we will. i would love for her to be able to go without having to worry about the money. if not she will have to get scholarships and take out loans.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I will help her as much as I can, including allowing her to live at home expense-free while she completes her studies.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• We will save up as much as we can. Hopefully with scholarships (I hope he gets them) and the money we save we wont have to take out any loans....My husband has a thrift savings plan, it takes out 40 bucks each paycheck of my husbands base pay, and 2% of his special pay, so with that I hope we can pay for it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2010