rapid heartbeat!

posted 2 days agoedit
im 33 weeks and 4 days pregnant.. for 3 weeks i have been waking up with my heart pounding and racing really fast..i try to take deep breaths but it doesnt work.. it last for a good 40 mins or longer.. and i have it when im moving around just a little. i called the L&D today but all the nurse told me was that i should call my OB early in the morning so they can have me come in to take a look at it.. how can they tell if i have hypertension? has anyone eles experience this before/? i also took my blood pressure and it was 101/60 and the heartrate was 127.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it is scary, mine will do this if I am under a lot of stress. My heart will beat really fast and goes back to beating back to normal. This happened to me in Dec, it lasted for about 10 min, I then went to the ER they said everything looked ok. They did blood work and a stress test to see if I had any thing wrong with my heart, everything was good. You can take meds for this if you feel an attack coming on. I try not to. How did you stand this for 40 min.?
    Anonymous

• well idk why mine does it. im not stressed out or anything like this. i have had this throughout my pregnancy and i will wake up with it like that.. im not sure why. but im deff going to mention it to my doctor on wensday.
    Anonymous

• well I wish you good luck, take care!!
    Anonymous

• did you wake up on your back? that might be the problem.
    Anonymous

• no i didnt. i always lay on my left side.
    Anonymous