How many moms suffer from chronic pain?

I am a mom who has pain daily, some days it is worse than others. To my knowledge, I do not know any other mom in real life who has this problem or has to deal with pain and I was just wondering if there are any other moms out there like me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Health

• I did but then I divorced him. lol Ok that was a joke. I do suffer from chronic pain.
    Anonymous

• I personally don't but a close friend of mine does and she was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia last yr after 20 yrs of pain. There are things the dr's can do to help. It won't completely cure you, but it is better than living with it everyday. Have you talked to your dr about it? That's what it sounds like to me and I would seek out a specialist for help. GL and I hope this helps....
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i do. I have scoliosis

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Living in pain is a common thing for people. I live with back pain and jaw pain every single day for the pass 6 years I was in a very horrible relationship and my bottom jaw was broken in 16 different places so yes i live in pain and you aren't alone momma I am right here with you.
    Anonymous

• This sounds like what my mom has. Do you have trouble walking and do your legs cramp? " anon. 56
    Anonymous

• I don't, but my mother does. She was in a really nasty car accident while she was in college. It really messed up her back. She's had back pain ever since. About a year ago she had surgery on her neck to fuse four vertebrae. It has helped a lot, but she's still in daily pain.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 9:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I've got chronic knee pain from "floating knee caps." The intensity is off and on, but yeah, you're not alone.
    Anonymous

• I live in pain everyday as well, I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but they are still testing an such to determine whether i have an auto immune disorder as well that is causing some of my pain.

I also have costocondritis which is inflammation of the cartridge that joins my ribs to my sternum.

Your not alone.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I have fibromyalgia & arthritis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• OP here - I'm glad I'm not alone although I would not wish this on anyone. I have seen several doctors since I was a child and have had several surgeries. The condition I have has no cure and the only treatment to date is surgery - and right now that is not an option I feel I can take. For now, at any rate. Pain medication is also out, also for now (didn't really work when I was taking it anyway and I had a lot of side effects).
    Anonymous