Would you be upset if your teen was having sex with their boyfriend/girlfriend and his/her mom was okay with because she knew both of them were protecting themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Nope. If they're being smart about it, there is nothing to be really upset about. It's not like you can really stop them or anything.
    Anonymous

• Well, it's great that they are protecting themselves. But I could never be okay with my teen having sex. They are still children. and not married.

Oh and that's just my values, not trying to insult anyone here.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Is there really any way of stopping them from having sex? Rather you like it or not they are going to find a way to do it! Best that they are informed about the possibilities and able to have access to protection!

Anonymous

• I'm with acurran.

I would be upset because the expectation in my family is that they're still kids, and that starts at marriage.
    Anonymous

• Well if my DD was protecting herself and so we he why not? I can say OMG do not have sex until you're married or in college. Will she listen? Probably not, so why not just deal with it!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I don't think i will ever be ok with my children having sex. EVER.
    Anonymous

• It's awesome that they're protecting themselves and being smart about it. I'd rather know than have them sneak around... and they're probably going to still do it, regardless if I say "no" or not. So.. like delilah said. I would just deal with it.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you can't stop them...Regardless, I think it's great for parents to give clearly defined expectations, and show disappointment when those expectations are not met.
    Anonymous

• Well, condoms break, birth control fails. I don't think protection is what makes sex okay.

I'll be honest. I had sex with one person before my husband. It was the biggest mistake I've ever made, and my husband tells me that the one person he was with before me is his biggest regret.

I don't think children are ready to make that type of decision.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i would try and tell my kids to wait until they are older because they may regret having sex at this age but people have to learn for themselves in life, even if they are just teens. i may not be super happy about it, but would i be mad, or punish them? no, as long as they were protecting themselves.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2010