What do you remember as a kid growing up in the 90's?

My DH and I were talking about this today, reminiscing... lol. It's funny what we remember and crack up over.
Like.. those jelly shoes? Kenan and Kel. The Hanson Brothers. POG!
Man... sometimes, I miss being a kid, where the hardest decision you had to make for the day was to figure out which crayon you were going to use.

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ferbies
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• New Kids on the Block, Family Matters, slap bracelets...
    Anonymous

• I was a kid in the 80's and a tween/teen in the 90s.

I remember cheesy sitcoms, grunge music, Seattle as the Mecca of Cool, Reality Bites, Clueless, loving 80's movies for the irony, in fact I don't remember liking anything that wasn't ironic...

PS I hated Hanson...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Jelly shoes were actually out n the 80s first. I had them as a kid. I was a kid in the 80's and a tween/teen in the 90s too.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Skid row and how I was gonna marry eddie vender i was a teen in the 90"s and two years before i turned 18 they mioved the drinking age back to 21 that sucked but hey that is the way the world goes around. Jellys were in the 80's and ya I couldn't stand Hanson.
    Anonymous

• "Saved by the Bell", "Friends", permed hair, the Mc Hammer pants, lol.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 9:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Feerbis oh wow... those demonic little thing.
    I remember all the music to me all the best music was in the 90's. Life house was so much better back then, red hot chili peppers, sublime. . time for me to get my head phones lol.
    Kenan and kel, all that, and there was this show called so weird on disney i loved that show.
    Growing pains and boy meets world.
    Those were probably the best years all together.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• kids incorporated, double dare, are you afraid of the dark?, spice girls (HAHA!)...

mostly, i remember playing outside with all the neighbor kids... capture the flag, tag, hide and seek, baseball... riding bikes... there were no playdates, we got to stay out till my mom rang the cowbell...
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• OOH! OMG, I loved So Weird! I was bummed when it got canceled. Haha. Supernatural is the closest it comes to So Weird.
    Surge! lol. That psychotic sugar soda that was like an adrenaline shot to the heart. Insanity. My mom never let me have the stuff, but I tried it at a friends, Lord... lol. We were hyper for hours, and her mom banned us from it from that point on.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• haha, i definatly remember surge. and dunkaroos. spice girls & backstreet boys. skip its.
    cassette tapes. recording your favorite song off the radio onto cassette tapes.
    getting my first computer at 10 and being in the 'zine world. does anybody here remember the zine world??
    all the good nick shows, singled out, are you afraid of the dark, salute your shorts, rockos modern life, doug
    the 90's were great!! i miss being a kid!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2010