When is the best time to buy plane tickets?

Is there a time frame when tickets are the cheapest? We are flying to Boise, Id at the end of October. Right now tickets are $409 round trip. Is there a time when they down in price before they go back up before the dates? Are they cheaper a couple months before then they are now or is it better to buy them as soon as possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Travel

• Boise is kind of expensive because it is a small airport. I know, I have family there. Go on Kayak.com and they will have a calander that will show when its cheapest.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Right before midnight every night they go down in price!
    But I am not sure how far or close in advance you should buy... I think I will have to check back and see what others will say! lol
    Anonymous

• My answer would be to use one or several of the online travel websites like cheaptickets.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, etc... Start looking every day, even several times a day. Get an idea of what the usual prices are. That way when you find a real deal, you will know it and can pounce on it. Start now so you get a real long term picture. If you see prices really starting to go up, then you can make a decision. Also, if you want to save money, join a free cash back site like bigcrumbs.com . All those sites above and more are affiliated with it and if you visit bigcrumbs first and click thru to your site, you will earn cash back on your purchase. I have used it and saved on travel and more. If you do decide to join, I'd love if you'd make me your referrer. My ID there is collier5 .
    collier5

Answer by collier5 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Tues and Weds are supposed to be the cheapest for most airlines.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010