how long to dress in extra layer?

how long did you continue dressing your baby in an extra layer?

my son is 5 weeks old, but 38 weeks gestational age. he is good weight though at 8 lbs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was never told to dress him in an extra layer. I was told to dress him how I would feel comfortably dressed. However, I always added a blanket in addition.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I never dressed mine in an extra layer. I just dressed him for the weather and had a blanket for cool times.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I never did the extra layer either. I also just dressed for the weather and packed a jacket or blanket.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i would say about 10 months or so. i allways did when it was cooler out, but never when it was hot
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i never did the extra layer
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• my baby was often naked. if you are comfy baby is fine. most people overdress babies
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I never did the extra layer either. I was told to dress how you are dressed. I always kept a blanket or a sweater with me during the cool times. My daughter was always happiest during naked baby time.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I only dressed my daughter in layers when it started to get cold out. Otherwise she was in onesies and socks. She was born in August though and we live in the south. It's freakin hot here until October.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2010