question for people who rent?

When you rented your place what all did they check? like background? Credit? or what? thanks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• They usually just check your credit, but sometimes they say that they will, but never actually do. I do know from experiance, that if youre looking for a place to rent, if you're the first person to put cash in their hand...they will usually give the place to you. Landlords are just worried about renting the place as soon as possible. :) Good luck!
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 9:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My first place did a full background check and a full credit/job history check. They were pretty strict.
    My new landlord didn't do anything, lol. Just asked for cash.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Our apartments do check your background and credit. They also call past landlords or whatever.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• or yes and call your employer to make sure you work there and how much you make.. which i don't exactly understand when you have to give them a certain amount of check stubs.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• apts will do background and credit checks home owners just want your income and how long you have worked..they just want the rent paid.
    apts. it is different because you are putting a bunch of families into one building and you want them to be good people
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• As a manager of a couple units, I can personally tell you that we check your credit, we call your past/present landlords, we do an employment check and we do call your reference. We have a guy in one of the apts that had to file bankruptsy last year and we didnt' count it against him, but we said if there were any problems paying rent on time that he would be evicted...and we wouldn't put up with non/late payment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• credit, refrences, and income
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Some check references from past landlords, references from people who know you, but aren't related to you, income for the past so many years (it varies from not at all to , for me 9 years), credit. I thought some were going to ask for a sample of my pee and blood they were asking for so much.
    The one we are renting from now just had us to sign the month-to-month lease and give him the deposit.
    The bigger the place/corporation is, the more they seem to ask for. Some smaller places or places that are just owned by a single person don't seem to want as much and are a little more laid back about it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2010