job question

Okay I drove an 1-1/2 to go clean a cabin and we stayed overnight cause thier was no way I would've finished that place. It was HUGE 3 stories and fully loaded. I took my 12 yr old daughter with me to help,and boy she helped a lot I'm so glad I brought her. We busted our tails from 10:00am to 9:30 pm when we finally couldn't move anymore. I'm only getting $10.00 for doing two days worth of cleaning and dont know what to do as far as all the driving goes. I also think my boss should pay my daughter for her share of work but don't know whats fair. We washed all the windows inside and out accept for two windows,we dusted every inch of ceiling washed all the light fixtures cleaned basically every inch of the cabin that hadn't been cleaned in a year! Today we worked from 8:00 till 3:00 then we drove the 1-1/2 drive back. I was thinking of just charging him $200.00 for those two days of cleaning,includes daughters help.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 9:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Cont.... Also my boss new I was taking my daughter,but I didnt discuss pay for her. I wasn't gonna sk but she worked her butt off and I think she deserves something. I just need you nice opinions please.
    Anonymous

• if you want to pay your daughter some of what you made then i think its fine.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I think you should charge him $ 325 and give your DD $75 and you don't have to say shit to him about thinking she should get paid. Charge more and then take it out and pay her yourself. That's what I would do. You have a good hard working DD on your hands good for you and her.

Anonymous

• oh I dont know I dont dare charge him thAt although I would love to. But I'm pretty sure I'm only getting the $10.0 an hour.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• your getting $10 an hour right???? So charge your hourly rate, and it's your job to pay her out of your salary what she earned...because YOU hired her to help YOU......He did not hire both of you.
    Anonymous

• Tell your boss that the work was more than you thought it would take. Also, $10 an hour isn't that bad. BTW, your boss cannot pay your daughter, she isn't even old enough to get a workers permit. If you want to pay her, then you are going to have to do it yourself. He hired you, NOT her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Oh your right tyfry I was just trying to think of what to pay her lol. she wants $50 bucks. But I'm also buying her a water park pass for the summer and I promised her some money. The pass is gonna cost 52 bucks. She wants 50 dollars but told her I didnt think that would happen. after all the work I did I should've discussed the pay with him. But I didnt think their was gonna be so much work.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• You have to explain to your boss that you bringing your daughter there to work not to babysit her and also tell him/her that the work was more than you expected if without your daughters help you prolly will have to stay another day to finish everything. You should charge a little more maybe $250 or $300 since it's a lot of traveling, and say how great of job you've done. Just ask for more money first, if he/she say no then at least you asked and no regret.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• When you figure out how many you worked, don't forget the drive time because that is work related time. Don't forget any gas you had to buy, that's also work related.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2010