One-month-old sleeping more than normal and not wanting to eat as much...

I have b/g twins that will be a month old on Monday. My girl has reflux and is normally really fussy and has a good appetite. Well, today she hasn't been fussy at all, she's just been sleeping all day and she hasn't really been wanting to eat as much.... she had a bottle at 4am and then didn't wake up to eat again until 10am (6 hours). Then, she had a bottle at 1pm and 4pm, which is her normal 3 hours in between. Then she didn't want to eat again until 9:15pm (5 hours)!

Do you think this is normal? Maybe she is just having a sleepy day and just isn't as hungry? Or should I be worried? She doesn't really seem like anything is bothering her. And she doesn't have fever or anything... so what do you guys think? Am I over-reacting? lol

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give it a few days. DS always sleeps a LOT when he's about to have a growth spurt, then after a few days of sleeping all the time, he eats a TON.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• If it's just a day or two, it can be normal. Is she still getting a total of 24 ounces or at least close to it? 24 ounces is generally the recommended daily minimum.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Well, she only drinks 2 ounces per feeding so she was only getting about 16-20 ounces a day to begin with ... and she is still getting close to that.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2010