How many of you have a degree in

Islamic study?

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 10:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• nope...but as much as i love history it would be a VERY interesting study for me, especially since i know so little about it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Nope. I wish I did. I have an old friend who has a doctorate in Historic World Religion. But my education tends to be more independent... Although I do my best to make sure it's accurate... Sadly, my Islamic education is just starting!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Thats not sad Sabrina, thats a joyful thing. The more you know the more you can understand people, the more you understand people the more confident you can be about you and building relationships.

Companies pay big bucks for people who can work and understand many people, cause it brings in money. They want to appeal to everyone.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• nope our school did not offer that degree but I do have a degree in theology and studied world religion quite a bit.
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I don't, I never knew that was available..
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 12:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• No, but I do love to study Islam (as well as religion in general - its my passion). I think its a beautiful, inspiring faith. :)
    Its my dream to go back and major in religious studies or something like that (I'd love to actually be a lifelong student and attain as many religious degrees as I can, lol, but I'm not sure how plausible that is), and then to go into some sort of UU/CUA or interfaith ministry.
    Is Islamic study something you're looking into?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I agree with you bandgeek. I have been studying islam for about 5 years now. The leaders of the community tell me I know more then the people who were raised muslims.

Its not just modern christians that call themselves christian out of pure mimicry. Muslims of sects do it too.

I like the science which is why islaam intrigues me.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:11 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• No degrees. And no desire for one. And just enough knowlege to know how dangerous Islam is.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:20 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Right with you there *witchqueen*, when in college-there were no such thing and doubt at that time, anybody would be interested.Even more so now after 911. I'm from New York, where people don't even go into a store or any place for that matter if its owned by some one who is part of Islam. there are so many ANGRY people here, and don't blame them. Its best to keep that to yourself esp. here (N.Y.). I know one borough that are boycotting a muslim trying to get built here-no way would that happen. *don't want to know and don't care to know*
    Anonymous

• Thank you witchqueeen and other been waiting for you!!!! for days!

So you have no real education in it? But you want to talk like you do?

That ladies and gentlemen is what we call hate and ignorance.

Thank you 2 gals for being a perfect example.

They admitted themselves they have no real education in it, but want to educate others on it?

haha craziness. That's like the blind leading the blind, or learning from a bum how to become reach.

The real danger here is ignorance.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2010