I suffered from extremely bad morning sickness for the first 4 months of my pregnancy. After much research I decided that it would be okay to take a couple of hits of weed every once in a while to help calm the nausea and gain my appetite. I was just wondering if any other moms who smoked in the beginning of their pregnancy had any cps issues in CALIFORNIA.

I don't smoke cigs. never have. I didn't even paint my toenails until the second trimester. I was honest with my doctor about the pot use. Please don't reply with an opinion I am only looking for moms in the same situation. Most people who answer with opinions are not educated enough on the subject to give one so please keep them to yourself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did smoke it, through my whole pregnancy. Well from about 3 months till about 8. And nothing ever happened with CPS, but I live in Kentucky. But I know they do drug test both the mothers and the babies at the hospital here. But my best friend who just recently had a baby failed her test, but the only thing that happened was the CPS worker came and talked to her at the hospital about drug use and pregnancy and came to her house the day after she brought the baby home and made sure she had everything the baby needed and all that, made sure her home was fit and clean. The worker told her that was all she needed to do and that everything was over now
    So quit smoking at 7 1/2 or 8 months. Good Luck Momma.
    Anonymous

• Ok well what did the doctor say to that?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't do it. Did you actually find info on the net saying it was okay to smoke marijuana?
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• what?????
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Um, Honey, I am educated. I am in the medical field and I STILL WOULD NOT ADVISE THAT TO ANYONE... Sorry to burst your smoke bubble!! Good luck to you and your infant with decreased brain cells.
    Anonymous

• Just curious: did you try any anti-nausea medications? There are some extremely effective ones out there.

Zofran is a level B drug (generally considered safe for pregnancy)), the generic version totally saved me from horrible nausea and vomiting.
    Anonymous

• are you f'en stupid or what!!
    Anonymous

• My doctor didn't say anything. In fact neither doctor that I told cared. As to the person in the medical field you must have not studied lately since within the last couple of months they have proven marijuana does not decrease brain cells. Also the America is the only country that is against pot use during pregnancy. They even prescribe it in Canada as one of the most effective and natural cures. Again just looking for moms that were in the same boat. Thank you
    smiley5972

Answer by smiley5972 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Zofran is a level B drug (generally considered safe for pregnancy)), the generic version totally saved me from horrible nausea and vomiting.

Yeah cause who knows how harmful that can be for baby as well as weed. You think that just because a doctor recommends something it's better for baby? Doubtful. Pregnant women have used weed for a variety of reasons in history. No they did not smoke it they inhaled through second hand, and it's proven to help. You're only discouraged by it because doctors can't make money off it.
    Anonymous

• Ok first i will say that as long as you don't have drugs in your system when the baby is born they can not do anything.. but let me tell you that I have seen what smoking weed can do first hand to a baby if you want more info about it you can pm me.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2010