Can it be colic?

My 8 week old just started screaming all day 2 weeks ago. I though colic was supposed to start around 2 or 3 weeks. She sleeps great at night, usually about 9 hours and goes down without a fuss, but days are TERRIBLE. Help!

xxluvya

Asked by xxluvya at 10:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be. Every infant is different. When it comes to colic there is no specified time. I would talk to the pediatrician about it.
    Anonymous

• Mine did this right after her 2 month shots. She had a reaction to the shots.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• That's a good point Sonia.
    It could also be teeth. Mine started at about 10 or 11 weeks. Try Hylands teething tablets. If it's NOT teeth, there is nothing in there that is harmful. It's not like medicating for a condition she doesnt have or anything.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I dont believe in colic. Colic, IMO, is just a word for "something is making your baby unhappy, we just dont know what it is. Wait long enough and they will stop complaining"
    Anonymous

• talk to the peditrician.. it may not always be colic, it could be due from shots [according to pp] and it could be from from the formula, my son cried constantly at night, but not in the daytime. and he drank regular formula, the pedi switched him to soy, he was BACK to normal
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• google the happiest baby on the block. we lived by this method for fussy babys! and it works!!! my SIL baby was just like yours and we gave her a copy of our dvd and it helped BIG TIME!!! worth a shot. gl and post on here if u tried it and how it worked for you!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 11:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• are they chewing on stuff, putting things in their mouth, or salivating alot. If so they could be starting to teeth. You never know, each child is different. If anything, ask your pediatrician if it persists.
    mateom

Answer by mateom at 12:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2010