SHOULD I TRY FOR BABY #3 OR AM I BEING SELFISH?

I AM 21 YRS OLD AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BIPOLAR I DISORDER IN MARCH. I HAVE 2 BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN MY DD WILL B 3 IN JULY AND MY WONDERFUL SON IS 15 MONTHS OLD. I GOT POST PARTUM DEPRESSION WITH BOTH CHILDREN. SO MY QUESTION IS IS IT SELFISH OF ME TO WANT BABY #3. SHOULD I JUST FORGET ABOUT IT OR CONVINCE MY HUSBAND? ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GOOD THANX

hottmammi21

Asked by hottmammi21 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Since you asked, I'm gonna say you have enough on your plate right now. No more babies for awhile. :)
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• THANKS
    hottmammi21

Answer by hottmammi21 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My answer would depend on how much you feel the bi-polar is under control, and if the PPD was able to be under control. If they're well treated and controlled, then have as many kids as you and hubby can afford and want.

If you don't feel they're under control; then I'd probably suggest holding off until they are.
    Anonymous

• personally i think you should wait at least another 1 year, 15 month old is still a baby, let him be the baby for a while 1st. Theres nothing wrong with wanting another one, i just think you should wait a lil longer ...
    Anonymous

• I really think you should wait it out. you are only 21! i am 26 with 2 kids and i really want another baby but im making myself wait until im at least in my 30s lol. mine are 6 and 2 and they drive me nuts somedays and i dont have any of the issue you are dealing with. i think that 2 kids are enough stress for anyone and right now you should be focusing on getting HEALTHY youself before dealing with the stress of adding another child.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i dont know much about bi polar but i would say by your age alone enjoy what you have and if later you want more and are more balanced then have more, i had really bad post partum with my second and i am 27, you have time, my kids are 3 and a half and 2. and if you and your husband are ready well, waituntil you find that happiness again and a sense of normalcy, ya know. you will do fine, you know whats best for you, just go with the right feeling!! goodluck!!!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 5:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2010