If you had a c section, for what reason?

How did your recovery go? Do you wish you had had a vaginal birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have only one child and it was by c-section. My amniotic fluid was low(according to the ultrasound) and I was immediately sent over to the hospitial to be induced at 37 wks. After an entire day of trying (no signs of labor, except very mild contractions) that I decided to go with the c-section. If I hadn't made that choice and proceeded in trying a vaginal birth my son would not have survived (most likely according to the doc) since I had absolutely no fluid left and his cord was stuck around his neck.

My recovery went fine, no problems and only took 2wks and I was back at school(college). I don't wish I had a vaginal birth for of course the medical reasons, as well as it just plain scares me to death, lol. But If I have another child that is the way I'll go as long as im able to medically.....but it still scares me lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• 2 breech babies. Sometimes yes, I wish I had a vaginal brith. mostly I wished that during recovery. Recovery isn't terrible but it's not fun either.
    Anonymous

• Well I had two vaginal births and one C-Section. The first vag the second c-third vag. The reason I had a C was because I was going into shock. So medical necessity.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• I had a c-section because I never dilated enough. I'm glad I had it because my child was not in danger as she might have been had I not had it. I wish I had a vaginal birth because I had to have a full spinal because they could not get the epidural in right and I could not feel my arms, so could not hold my baby right after the birth. My husband did, however, hold her on my chest. :-)
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i stopped dialating at 8cm and my doc said it was the best option for both me and baby. and no i dont anyway that my child is born safe and healthy is fine with me. recovery for me sucked, the incision got infected and it like bursted open and it was gross. that was like 2 days after i came home, i called my doc and told him i had a fever and it was hurting and he told me it was because my breast milk was coming in so i suffered for two days with the pain and this horrid smell. i feel if i had a better more concerned doctor it wouldnt have been so bad.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah the recovery was horrible for the C. My incision opened up and had to be packed by a nurse 2x daily for 8 weeks. That is why you don't want to have surgery while your sick. The thing is the recovery was the thing that kept me home. Nurturing my premee.
    Don't worry about the recovery, if it is necessary then you will deal with what ever you are dealt.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i was in labour for 45.5 hrs..i got induced 2 times..drs broke my water..nothing was happening tho, so i ended up having an emergency c section...apparently my pelvic area isnt/wasnt big enuff...but..i dont understand how thats possible, because im 6 feet, and well..im not the skinniest person alive..lol..so...i dunno, they did tell me tho that if i ever get pregnant again, it will be a planned c section because of this...my sister was the same way..her first pergnancy she had an emergency c section, and second pregnancy was a planned one..and were both on the bigger side..soo yaaaa..thats why!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My first was born vag, but got stuck & had shoulder dystocia, broke her collarbone on the way out. For my 2nd, the Dr. monitored size very closely and his shoulders were bigger than his head, so we had a C-section. No problems with it or with recovery. Third was also a C and no problems. No regrets.
    la1118

Answer by la1118 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• My son was breech, which I could have potentially birthed vaginally, but at the last minute he turned sideways (transverse) and would not turn. He was also almost 9 lbs. It's impossible to birth a transverse, 9 lb baby, lol. I was terrified at the thought of a c section at first, but it turned out great. The worst part was getting the IV in that morning. They tried and missed 7 times. The spinal tap wasn't great either bc it made me dry heave. However, I was hardly ever in any pain. I had him at 9 am, and was walking the halls at 6 pm. My recovery went quickly and within a week I felt almost like I hadn't even had the surgery. Overall, it was a piece of cake, lol. I must have had a really good doctor or something. My scar is literally as fine as what you could draw with a pencil, and so small. I'm just glad that myself and my son ended up completely healthy, and in my case, a c section was literally a lifesaver!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• spinal BLOCK, not spinal TAP, lol *
    LovingSAHMommy