Why do people say that having a c section isn't giving birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree with the first poster, lol. I gave birth by c-section. If not, he'd still be inside of me. No, it wasn't a vaginal birth, but it was still a birth! A doctor still pulled him out of me, only a foot higher than where he would have been pulled out of, lol. I still heard his cry, got to touch him and kiss him, and hold him very soon after. The bonding was not affected at ALL. We bonded the second I held him. Sure, I was numb, but so are women with epidurals. I personally loved my c section and wouldn't mind another one, which may be likely if I get pregnant soon because of internal scar tissue. I wouldn't be opposed to a vaginal birth if it was safe either, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• because they're ignorant?
    la1118

Answer by la1118 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Hmm, well I had an emergency c-section & I never say that I gave birth. I don't feel that I did. I got drugged & had her cut out of me. That's not giving birth to me...
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 11:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• i had a csection and im about to have another one...its giving birth but you dont have to worry about something coming out of ur twat and having it streched out
    Anonymous

• i comend anyone who has one. it scares the piss outta me just thinking about it. i would have to be knocked fully out to have one or i would probably FREAK OUT!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Not only is it giving birth you are also having major surgery on top of that - two very intense things at once, anyone who doesn't realize how how hard c-sections can be is nuts!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 12:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Have you looked up the definition? I think it is commonly thought that birth is BIRTHING the baby.. through your vagina.... thats how I see it. I dont consider my Csection as giving birth.. my all natural VBAC, I do..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• "i had a csection and im about to have another one...its giving birth but you dont have to worry about something coming out of ur twat and having it streched out "

DUMB. my vaggi is just fine after my 8 pound baby squeezed out of it.... naturally. I will be doign it again too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Okay if a child came out of your body PERIOD you gave birth.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/birth

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Not once does the definition of birth say anything about a vagina
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2010