deadbeat grandparents

My husbands dad and his step mom have not seen LO since September. We moved in April to be closer to them and now we live 18 miles away and they have not come to see him once. My husband had to go by there house on Easter to get something that was sent to their address for some odd reason(hasnt lived there since 2003) and they asked for LO to come to the easter hunt(they see step moms daughters kids everyday and do everything for them) in like 20 minutes. RIGHT. well anyways, its depressing and it is making DH really dislike them both. how do you deal and should I even acknnowledge them when they do ask to come see him(probbaly his birthday if i ma guessing)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• i would make him talk to them! honestly its not good or him or the kids and he needs to tell them that they need to spend more time with them. maybe they dont realize ho it maks him feel. so suggest that he tell them.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Shame on both of them. If this were me i would be very upset. I live 3.5 hours away from home and my husbands parents have not seen or called to see how there granddaughter is doing. This is since Jan. of this year. My husbands sisters do not call either and we do not either, to tell you the truth I don't care anymore, and maybe that is wrong of me.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it just is incomprehensible. My mother-in-law lived out of state. I never met her, but we talked on the phone many times.. She never acknowledged when the kids where born. Even though I sent announcements and pics. I always reminded my ex to call her and say hello. I always sent cards for b-day and Mothers day. My ex used to brush it off that she was getting old and senile. I honestly dont think she was distant on purpose. I think she had some age related problems going on and alcoholic issues. Its wierd though, having your husbands mother not even acknowledge her grandkids. I let it go a long time ago too.
    Anonymous

• I have never been the type to impose on sombody and have been waiting years for my stepdaughter to invite us over to see the grandkids...then again she doesn't call her dad on his bday or fathers day....I have years worth of christmas and birthday gifts stacked up in the closet...we are just waiting to be invited over....what really pisses us off is she will announce on her facebook that her sons birthday was so much fun....but she never called to invite us and i went out and bought present waiting for the invite because i knew his bday was coming up....

Have you ever invited these grandparents over? or do you expect them to show up?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2010