Which do you think are easier to raise boys or girls?

michelle146

Asked by michelle146 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• From what i hear boys are harder as kids and easier once they are teens and older.
    Girls are easier as kids and harder once they are teens and older.

But imo, it all depends on the child itself not the gender.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I have one of each and they are unique. I have teens so I feel comfident to respond to your question! Dd has always been the organizer. She never needed help getting up in the am or with homework. Never had to be reminded to do anything b/c she kept lists and journals. Son on the other hand, has a tough time getting up in the am for school. He has a harder time getting organized. But,,dd is more emotional and son is more logical. I think its a 50-50 win win here!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I agree with the pp. I have a 17 1/2 yr old ds and a 16 yr old dd. In some ways, she's easier, in some way's, he is. I don't know how much of it has to do with gender, exactly, and how much of it has to do simply with the people they are.

Also, it probably helps that we didn't do the whole gender stereotyping thing, with the "our ds can stay out later, our dd can't" or "our dd can show emotions, but our ds can't, because boys don't do that". Our ds knows how to do dishes and laundry, and our dd knows how to mow grass and shovel snow. They both have things they prefer, and express themselves differently, but that's their choice / personality.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I have 3 teen daughters and they require little help with school work. They are organized, responsible, and dependable. They are very hormonal....
    My son is forgetful, unorganized, and hyper. His room is a mess. He forgets homework, baseball practices, and has lost his house key 8 times. He is not hormonal!
    Girls are easier in the fact that they mature quicker. Boys are easier because they aren't moody!
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 6:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Girl's don't set fire in a bucket in a motor home then tell their brothers to pee it out. :-)
    After hearing several stories from my husband's and his brother's youth and looking back on my own childhood, even only having one girl, I'd guess that girl's are a little easier. We're a little more emotional, but a lot less sneaky.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2010