for those thaa live in atlanta gerogia

How much does it cost to live there? My DH got a job offer there for 25.00 an hour an I was wanting to know if it was worth it. We live in akron now they told him that if he took the offer that they would pay for our plan tickets down

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• 25 an hour probably isn't enough for you guys to try to live on in a decent part of the actual city of Atlanta, but as the first answer mentions, you could make it work in the suburbs. In the decent 'burbs, a typical house (not in a slum) will run anywhere from $175K and up, or if you guys rent a house or apt, you can expect to pay 1000-1200 per month for a halfway decent 3 bedroom place. Look in Acworth, Kennesaw, north part of Marietta for the northwest side of Atlanta, and Suwanee, Lawrenceville or Norcross for the northeast side of Atlanta. I do not recommend looking at the southside of the city!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• It is really going to depend on a number of factors such as where his job would be at, what he gets paid now, if you work outside the home, and what fixed bills you have now (such as car payments, credit cards, etc). Overall though, according to this website http://www.payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator/Georgia-Atlanta/Ohio-Akron, Atlanta and Akron are about the same as far as cost of living goes.  If he doesn't mind the drive, y'all could live right outside of Atlanta where it would be cheaper. I would suggest Acworth, GA but again it is going to depend on what area in Atlanta he works in. I think that $48,000 a year is very doable in Atlanta, especially if you live on the outskirts where it is cheaper.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• They should pay all of your relocation costs, along with assistance finding housing and a contract guaranteeing employement for at least one year.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2010