Would you be a surrogate? What do you think of surrogacy?

I know someone who is considering surrogacy. Would you consider it? What are you thoughts on the topic?

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 12:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have and was so serious I had contacted an agency. But when it came down to it, I changed my mind. Didn't want to.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think it's totally fine for people to do it! But if I'm gonna go through all the trouble to push something out of there, I'm taking it home with me! lol
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i considerd it... but for 2 really good friends, we have been close for many many years and there great people and couldnt seem to get preg, i told them if it came to it i would carry for them because i know that child would be in my life at all times and they deserved a child. and they could afford. i was a last resort even my dh agreed it would be ok wired for him but ok. thankfuly they were able to have a child and im auntie to her and were the god parents xo. but i have considerd it and for them no trouble thoughts. as for a staranger i might if i could for sure know they were good decent people that just have bad luck. in that area. just like people looking for the right person to carry there child i would also be looking at them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• If it came down to it and a sister of mine or VERY close friend of mine needed me to. I would do it. It'd be a weird feeling for sure, but I'd do it for someone I loved and knew that they were ready for a baby etc.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• being on the other end of it- not being able to concieve, Id say that I'd do it in a heart beat because I know the heartache that not being able to have a child brings
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think it is great that people do this for others. But I couldn't do it myself. I am a nervous wreck enough when it comes to carrying my own child. Paranoid that something will go wrong, paranoid that I am not eating well enough or drinking enough water. I couldn't imagine being at fault if something were to go wrong with someone else's child. Now if it were a close friend or family member that could not have children of their own I may consider it though.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I did it , I had no problem doing it, but our situation was all normal until after the birth. I left the hospital alone just hours after why the parents stayed the 48 hours with baby , I was ingaged and we had just bought our house the same day I went into labor with the baby. After the couple and baby were home 4 days from the hospital we got a call at 9 at night with the mother crying said there was a reason why God didnt let her have babies. Sense we had used my eggs but her husbands sperm ( It was her eggs that were bad ) They wanted to know if I would come and get him . After almost a year and my fiance and I's wedding we did the whole interfamily adoption and 4 years later he has never been back sense that 4th day home from the hospital. It was a totally unexpected situation and we were scared and clueless as of what to do at first but 4 years later we know we couldnt have made a better decision going and getting him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• people that are strong enough to let go after 9 months are great people. but i would fall in love and not be able to let go!
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 11:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• A wonderful gift you can give someone!!! Good Luck!
    Nenej007

Answer by Nenej007 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010