Im am overweight pregnant mom to be i am 28 weeks pregnant, how come i dont have a bump yet? is it normal to be big and not show?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• not to be mean or anything.. i'm overweight as well [but not like BAD overweight].. it's normal according to the ob-gyn. i didn't show really until 30 weeks.. my bump when from fatness to BABY bump in less than a week, guess it's how they're positioned
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i was overweight, and noone even knew i was pregnant. a girl i used to work with at a coffee shop was now working at walmart..i went in there about a week before i had my daughter...then a week after i had my daughter i went in there again, and she was like holy shit i didnt even know you were pregnant!!! lol same wit hone of the moms at my daughters school..i see her everday, say hi every day, then all of a sudden one day she had a baby with her...i had nooooo idea!!! some bigger woman you can tell..others you cant..it all depends on the positioning of the baby and the type of clothes ya wear..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Everyone carry's baby different. I wasn't so over weight maybe 10 pounds... and I didn't show until I was almost 7 months.

So as long as doc. says babies okay, then you shouldn't worry much about what it looks like on the outside. : )

Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Im overwieght I didnt show with my 1st til I was 8 mos then my 2nd I was 7 mos and with my last baby I was showing at 12 weeks but of course Ive been pregnant 6 times to and the more pregnancies you have the earlier you show from what I have been told
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 1:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I am overweight. I seriously did not show to where people could tell until 4 weeks before delivery. Up until then my stomach was hard as a rock, it just didnt grow till then. I was able to wear my regular clothes the entire time :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I looked like I was getting Bigger until I was about 8 months! With my second I was just as heavy and was showing by 3 months.

I worked with a lady who was on birth control having periods and went to the doctor for fatigue and found out she was 7 months pregnant! She did NOT look it. so every one is different.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I'm a bit overweight and I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I don't think I look all that pregnant, definitely not compared to other women. I have what could look like a baby bump but it's low so it really doesn't look like I'm showing that much. With my last pregnancy, I looked huge but it was because my daughter was higher up and really pushed my tummy out. This time, this baby is low and it really seems to affect how pregnant I look.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 11:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• im not over weight but i didnt start really showing till i was about 7months i just looked chubby
    Anonymous