Is it wrong for me to have "ME TIME" even if it is 2 am

I am a sahm...I am always around somebody, always doing something for others and not ever putting me first.
so when the family goes to bed, I'm tired and figure i will just be online for an hour...then before I know it its 2 am! and my husband gets up and always pees around 2 am and gets mad at me for still being awake.
Then the next day he comes home from work and tells he is going to get ride of the router that provides me with wireless because it keeps me awake and I get less done during the day. I have to defend myself and explain that it is my time to do what I want and I like it being alone so much it is hard to go to bed. my kids are not neglected and I love them up more then he does. when he gets home he stares at the TV and I have to remind him his son is talking to him!! he does jack chit with the kids!! I just have to wonder if its a control thing or something..heavan forbide the wife gets to have fun! UGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• that's a control issue. Try to assert yourself and he will think twice again before he talks to you that way again. Hmm...speaking of which it's 1:28 am here and I need to get off my laptop and go to bed.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• sounds like he's controlling!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• WE do not share a bed so it is not like he misses a warm body to cuddle with...if that was the case maybe I would go to bed but we both cannot tolerate eachothers snoring so we sleep in different rooms
    Anonymous

• lol..im going to turn this on you gf,,as being a mom thing period! I work FT.Im a single mom, I worked today Saturday as well. I have no frickin love life right now, no man. I get home tonight and dd just got home from a friends house. She did community service today. How do I say NO, I want the computer to a kid who did community service..right? So,,I did three loads of laundry since I got home from work, gave her time on the computer. Oops she also had finals this week and hasnt been on the computer for 3 days straight. So,,I finally get the computer at 9pm. I was on here for 2 hours,,I know what you mean about how time flies and now my son who is going into 10th grade came downstairs and is sitting on the couch waiting for his turn! I feel just like you right now,,I just want down time and to relax and feel like I cant get more then a couple hours to myself. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!! Lol,...hugs to you my friend
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• You are certainly entitled to your "me time" no matter how late it is so long as your kids are getting taken care of. It used to piss my ex off to no end when I'd stay up late on the computer, he always complained the light would wake him up since at the time we had one child walking and climbing and another little one who crawled and liked to try to climb so we didn't want to take the chance of one of them breaking the computer so it was in our bedroom. I even compromised with him and I would get in bed with him while he fell asleep and then I'd go online but he'd wake up a few hours later and bitch at me about it. He never allowed me to go out all night with my friends. I spend less time online now but just last night I was hanging out with a few of my cousins until 4 AM, when I got home my SO welcomed me with open arms and asked if I had a good time! Something my ex-husband never would have been cool about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I am a working mother with two developmentaly disabled children. My husband and I share the responsibilities and we fight more over who gets to stay awake for alone-time more than arguing who didn't stay awake for sex..lol seriously, your husband should not be making this such a big deal. unless you are up chatting with strange men, then that is a different topic. explain to him that being a sahm is work, too and you should be entitled to your days off.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 4:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i am in the same boat and i am up at 230, but i did just lose my sister, but even before i would stay up just because its like being a regular person so to speak, i have to watch what i say people get offended on here easily. My husband is the same way, i think that they just work a lot and try to blame things on other things rather themselves or yourself or myself for another example. I dont think its about control i think its about jealousy, he loves you, and doesnt understand that you are not ignoring him you are just trying to relax, its hard walking on egg shells in your own home, but things are tough right now and we sahm's are getting the effects of it too. hang in there, you are not alone and you can make it through this!!!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 5:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Someone once told me that marriage is about taking care of each other. This builds a loving bond. Sure you should have some time to yourself but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss your husbands feelngs. Maybe a compromise?
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2010