why can't I stand up for myself and what can I do to make it better

like my almost 18 yr wants to leave the house at 10:30 I tell her to go ahead...she is a good kid that doesn't drink or do drugs or lie. my husband will tell me that there is no reason for her to leave. I tell him why not? it's not like we are going to play board games with her,like a family should.
my 5 yr old is till awake because he wants to watch wizards of waverly place...I don't put my foot down.
I get so angry with myself for allowing this to happen that I know aren't right...I know I should demand more and put my foot down on some rules.
I'm just so angry on the inside because I made the mistake of marrying my husband and there is no turning back plus the fact that I get zero help..he tells me what I should do yet doesn't back me up like a partner. he has no regards for me and my thoughts or wishes for parenting or life in general. yes he was a super good guy until we married. boy does it change with marriage!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• not trying ot be mean here but sounds like you need to buck up here sally! Nothing ever going to change unless you make an effort.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I'm so sorry to hear that. I know that your having a hard time with your situation but you need to put the welfare of the kids first. Marriages often changes people and a lot of us might live in disillusionment. Try to set goals for yourself and your kids. Things aren't always permanent. Try to create the life that you want each day so that you won't live with more regrets. You already regret marrying your hubby, do you want to regret having your teenage daughter get into trouble or your son becoming undisciplined. It's very hard being a parent. There are times, I dream about those times when my problem was what clothes am I gonna wear or where am I gonna shop or which party should I attend. But as a mother, we have responsibilities now and our kids comes first. Try to look at the good side of your husband. Is he responsible, does not womanize or does not gamble? Give thanks for the blessings that you have. =)
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Please find a couples counselor. If your husband won't go, go yourself.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Take a look around you and your situation, if this is something that you can stand for another 10 years, then by all means continue, but if its bothering you because everyone around you call the shots, except you, then u need to make a change.. People will learn the hard way that if you continue to do what you've always done, you will always get the same results..Make a change for the better, it will change your outlook on life.
    nikki1012009

Answer by nikki1012009 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2010