What are your opinions on swinger's clubs - for both married and single women?

Recently a very close friend told me that she and her husband had been going to a swinger's club for over six months. She explained the rules, spoke highly of how strictly the rules are followed as well as how respectful the people are and so on. It's seems like a very comfortable atmosphere and I am currently single; my friend said she'd like to bring me, she and her husband would give me the tour and basically just let me get a feel for the place to decide if I like it. She said she was worried at first given her jealousy but she said she feels at ease there and that neither she or her husband have actually had sex with anyone else. I was thinking about going and checking it out but I'm a bit nervous about it and haven't made a final decision; I know I don't have to participate in anything with anybody if I don't want to but I've never watched a bunch of strangers having sex either which is what I'm nervous about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would LOVE to check it out. Hubby and I thought about it for a while, but then I got pregnant with our second child and we never got into it. Who knows if we ever will. I have body issues now, but I do miss sex with the ladies from time to time. But, it is a very personal decision and isn't right for everyone. Go with your instinct and be safe.
    Anonymous

• It ruined my marriage, if you are single please dont get involved in it. It will scar you for life...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• They're fun! DH and I haven't been active swingers since I got pregnant with baby #1 aout 3 years ago, but we were into it for a couple years and most of our good friends we met through "swinging". The anon that said it ruined her marriage and will scare you for life is probably full of shit, I doubt she was ever into the lifestyle. My marraige is just fine, strong as ever and we are FAR from scared for life, some of the most fun and best memories are from that part of our life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I don't see how a married couple having sex with other people can be a good thing. But hey, if it works for you, then....IDK what to say. Maybe you are full of shit.
    OP, if you are ok with the possibility of getting in the way of a married couple, good for you. But what do you know, you are single, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. it's ripe for all kinds of drama and trouble.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 10:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• If you know the difference between love and sex, go for it. You don't have to participate, right. It would be interesting to say the least.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 10:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think it sounds fun! I am always intrigued by swingers. i wish I had the guts to do it!
    Anonymous