Letter of Interest for the Ombudsman's Position (Navy)

Our command ombudsman will be stepping down in a few months. She has contacted our CO and told him that I was interested in the position and that I was a great candidate. He's spoken to my husband, told him he would have to take me to lunch and actually gave him the calendars of the upcoming DETS and what not to give to me. The current ombudsman informed me that I needed to send the CO an email expressing my interest although he knows about me. How would I address and write the email to him? Would it be like a regular business letter? I haven't been in corporate America for a few years so, I'm a little rusty!

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hi!

I've been an Ombudsman, so if you like. But basically, yes, it should be a business letter. Even though he already knows about you and your interest, it's a step that you go through for the process. Just like, whenever you get a new CO, even if you want to continue on as the Ombudsman, you need to turn in a letter of resignation, though you can express your interest in continuing on in the position.

Good luck :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2010