To try or not to try

My daughter is 14 months old and my husband is in baby mode all over again. He is about to deploy to Afganistan and is wanting to try for anything child before he leaves. I kinda want to wait but I kinda want to try again. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• if you are ready and he is ready then why the hell not, plus it will give him something more to look forward to, not that he doesnt already, but ya know what i mean. i think it sounds adventurous and fun, good luck and this is my opinion, so remember to make your own choice, what feels right for you, all of you!!!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• p.s. our son was 5 months when we concieved our 2nd child and they are such good buddies, for the most part haha, i get to sign them up for soccer and t ball together because of the closeness in age and it gives them more confidence. just sharing, ultimately the choise is both of yours
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Well first of all, before having another baby , make sure it's something you really want. And that your not just doing this for your husband.Because after all your husband is going away. And all the care giving depends on you, for those babies. But if you don't mind and you think you can take care of both those babies at the same time all alone, Then by all means go for it. I couldn't do it by myself when I had twins. I needed my husband there with me. So I don't think I could do two babies close in age by my self either. But then again you might be lucky and have family to help you out. I don't I live in a seperate state away from everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Did you have any sort of spacing plan after your first was born? How does getting pregnant now-ish fit in with that plan? Will he be able to come back for any length of time after the baby is born? Do you think you would be able to handle a toddler and a newborn on your own? Since you're on the fence about it, come up with a pros and cons list for both waiting and now. See which one makes more sense. Then, read your heart and figure out what you *want*. Do logical and emotional match up? Do you and you're husband's emotions match up? And last, but not least, talk with your husband; have him help you make the lists. Work together to figure out what you're going to do.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 9:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2010