is it wrong to wake up my 3yr old at 6am to go..

Walking/running around the track? he takes his bike. I havent done it at 6am yet, but it is already so hot and humid here that I need to go early in the morning. He loves riding his bike on the track, but is it wrong or mean to make him get up so early and ride?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Personally I don't think so. As long as he has an opportunity for naps later in the day. I think it would be actually teaching him a healthy habit....that you need to MAKE time for exercise. Like I said...just make sure he gets a nap later in the day or you might not be so happy with your decision!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 6:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Depends on the rest of your day. Is he home where he can adjust the rest of his schedule accordingly? Or is he in daycare where he's not going to be able to alter when he naps? If he's home then nope not mean, I'm about to start doing the same w/ my 13 mo old dd for the same reasons. She can nap when she needs to, she's home w/ me so changing her schedule isn't a big deal. Explain why you guys are going so early & make it extra fun the 1st couple of times to help him wake up. Good for you for making exercise part of your daily routine, your son will be healthier for it!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• if he doesnt seem to mind and enjoys it no. if he is crying and hates it, yes.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 8:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Well, what time does he normally get up? If he normally gets up at 7, then it's only an hour early. And he will be able to adjust easy. And he can take naps. He's not in school yet, so he can adjust easier anyway. Try it and see how it goes.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• You mean he doesn't get up at 6am on his own?
    My kids are up with the sun so I wouldn't know. I don't get up until 8 or 9am and they've been up for hours and have already eaten breakfast when I get up.
    I'd say it's fine as long as he gets to bed early (which might mean before it gets dark) or takes a long morning nap. My youngest (now 4) has been getting up early since she was 2 because she had to go with us when I took her older siblings to school. It's part of life and won't kill him as long as he gets enough sleep at night and takes naps.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2010