when do I get to fall apart

I have allowed my friends to get too reliant on me... I am always here to hear about their shitty dates, arsehole husbands, fucked up kids and sex that didn't quite go according to plan, So I want to know when Is it my turn to have a breakdown?? no-one answers my ph calls, or asks if I'm okay, they on ly ring to dump their crap and then on they go

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hey!!! how are you doing??
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 6:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• so eff them!!!

how are you really....

:)

chiana

Answer by chiana at 7:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I used to have toxic friends too. Now I'm the one that doesn't answer when they call! w/ some of my friends I always screen their calls & drama, love voicemail! & then decide whether or not I want to get involved. I got sick & tired of always being the one picking up the pieces of other's lives. They need to figure it out on their own anyways! There are quite a few ppl I just don't talk to anymore bc they never have anything positive to say, its always some problem & I got tired of hearing it. There was one friend who used to be like this that I wanted to stay friends w/ so when she would call & start bitching I'd interrupt her w/ something even worse. Every time she bitched I'd interrupt, when she wasn't bitching we'd have a great conversation. She finally got it & now only complains about the big stuff but after asking me how I am! Dump these toxic friends & find some healthy ones! GL!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:20 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• If your "friends" are not friends when YOU need them, then they aren't really your friends! They sound like users, and from what you mention, they sound like losers too! LOL

There is an old saying that goes: "A friend in need, is a friend indeed." In other words, those people who come to your "rescue" ARE your friends. Most of us only have a few TRUE friends (I have 2)--the ones who will do ANYTHING for you, ANY time of day or night. The rest are just fun to "hang" with, but you know you don't expect anything from them! :o)

I would cease being everyone's sounding/venting board, and tell them, something like "While I would LOVE (sarcasm) to hear about your latest drama filled moment, I have things to do." LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Stop talking to them. Stop answering there calls, IM, pms.

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I'll second what louise2 said ... stop talking to them.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• You can fall apart here! And you don't have to do it on the open forum, there are lots of nice lady's that you can pm. It sucks that your 'friends' aren't really your friends. I wouldn't answer their calls anymore if I were you. Or when you do , tell them you simply do not have time for their shit anymore, you have your own life. Since they cannot be there for you, you aren't there for them. I don't like one-way friendships, and that's what you've got. They aren't healthy.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Sorry I have friends like this and I also have awesome friends hope you get some better friends. (((HUGS)))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2010