women who get pregnant so their guy won't leave

what do you think of them? most of them are young women and teenagers who think that if their guy might leave they'll just get pregnant and the guy has to stay. do you think these women are mentally ill because a baby is not an obligation to stay in a relationship. what's your opinion. personally i believe they are selfish because if someone doesn't want to be with you then you shouldn't force them. there is an innocent baby to factor in. i think they are not in love but have become obsessed with the person which is dangerous. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think anything. He should have been smarter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think if you know or suspect that your SO is going to leave you, so you get pg to trap him into staying, then that's being stupid. A baby does NOT mean that the guy is going to stay. And, in the rare chance that he does stay, he's going to cheat on you, or leave later, or both.

Babies are wonderful, but they take a LOT of time and energy. Which is time and energy that is taken away from the relationship - which is fine, and as it should be, in a healthy relationship, but is just going to kill one that's already on the rocks.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I should add though, that a guy that's wanting to leave shouldn't be sleeping with her in the first place, so...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I agree that it is wrong and not fair to the baby or the father. Though, I don't think that it is because they are mentally ill. They're probably just afraid that they will end up alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I always think its funny that a girl thinks a baby is going to make him stay or fix their relationship! A baby doesn't make him want to stay, most times it has the opposite effect! Kids make things harder, even the best relationships become strained as you adjust to having another person in the mix. Don't think its a mental illness, but a lack of understanding. Don't understand why women especially when they are young get tied to a guy, do things for yourself, by yourself, build yourself. I think its sad when kids are born into this situation bc they aren't going to get the love they deserve. Just cuz daddy's supposed to be financially responsible till the kid's 18 doesn't mean he's going to or have any interaction w/ the kid. Girls who do this have low or no self esteem & don't think about how their poor choices are gonna screw up a kid.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think they are in for a life of silly, stupid unthought out plans & mistakes untill they seek help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think it should be a law to arrest women who poke holes in condoms or lie and say they are on birthcontrol to baby trap a man. It's taking away his rights. But if they both were just having unprotected sex just cause and the guy knows he doesn't want to be with her then it's his fault.
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It doesn't matter if a woman lies to a guy about birth control or not (the exception being a married couple, there should be a higher level of trust there...) he should also be proactive and be using condoms, and be a little more choosy about who he's with - not with a woman who's a liar. Yes, I understand that he might not know he's a liar, but that's where he should have spent more time with her, gotten to know her better, etc, before he was with her.

I have taught both my teenagers - boy and girl - that when you do start having sex, ALWAYS use a condom, AND a second form of birth control - and be prepared that it could STILL fail (both my kids are "birth control babies"). If you don't love the person enough to be linked to them by a child for the REST of their LIVES, don't have sex with them. Because even after the kid is grown, then you have weddings, grandkids, etc. that you'll share....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think the guy is an obsession for her, and because of that she isn't thinking clearly. I think it's sad and very unfortunate.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think they are fools... If he wants to leave, he's gonna leave. If you have to have a baby just to keep him, he isn't worth it anyways...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2010