• In the Spotlight:

What do you think?

Me and my DH went over to a work frinds of his house for dinner. Well we got to there house and my DH parked on the street. Like 2 feet from the curb. So I parked it closer to the curb. Well while I was doing this my DH went into the house. See I do not know these people at all. Did not really want to go. I went because we were invited. I got out of the car. My DH was gone, know where to be seen. Si I got back in the car and left. He knoew I did not know these people. I was not about to walk into there house alone. What do you think?

Asked by louise2 at 7:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• lol, sounds like something I would've done. If he can't be considerate enough to wait for me & introduce me as his wife then fuck it! I have better things to do w/ my time then be ignored & treated badly. My hubby's never done this, he did forget to mention me during a speech after his graduation years ago. He's smart, now he starts w/ me when giving speeches! So what happened w/ your hubby? Was he mad? Did he call you or just show up @ home later & ask what happened to you?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I am a very shy person. I get panic attacks when im around people i dont know. so im right there with you. i wouldve left too...actually i never wouldve gone in the first place! Did this cause a fight with your DH or anything?
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• We have not talk sence. Sence I did leave him there so his friend had to bring him home. I am shy to. I have to either be with my DH or be in the mood to be around people I never me before. I did tell him why I did it .

Answer by louise2 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• met I meant

Answer by louise2 at 7:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• my dh knows how i am and accepts it. alot of people take it the wrong way thinking im stuck up, but my dh looks out for me and explains it to them
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• He did call me while I was driving back home. He said he was waiting for me inside the door. I told him I did not see him and left. I would have waited by the car tell he was finished parking. If he would have done this at his brothers house who lives in the same town we do, it would not been an issue. I know them. But these people I do not know at all. He pissed me off when he did that.

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I would have sat in the car and waited for him to come back out.. I would not have just left.. Imagine the impression you left on these people.. You no doubt embarassed your husband and probably made his friends think you were a bitch.. I understand that he pissed you off, but you didin't have to let it get out of hand.. You could have just waited for him and then told him privately that you did not appreciate him leaving you there..
    You are an adult aren't you? The guy made a mistake, cut him some slack and show a little dignity..
    IMO
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• That was a really weird thing to do. True it was rude of your hubby to not wait for you,but imagine what these folks now think of you! You should have been open with him about not wanting to go,not run away like a silly child!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i agree with everyone ... that was a really thing to do...as it was wrong to not wait for u go inside u couldve dealt with more maturely..u for sure embarassed him in front of people that he has to work for and made a bad impression..i understand u felt weird but sometimes we have to feel weird and walk in alone bc in the end u wouldnt have been alone bc ur dh was inside!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• We have been married for 21 years. He knows how I am. Parking my car 2 feet away from the curb of the street. And then just leaving me alone out side. To me both where wrong. Truthfully I really do not car if I ever meet these people he works with. so I will never have to worry about meeting them. I do not care how they see me ( as a bitch or stuck up). Most people think I am anyways because I do not talk to a lot of people. Been like that all my life.

So now he is pissed at me for doing it. Go figure. He will get over it. This is nit the first time he has put me in a situation I did not want to be in. He just pushed me to far this time.

Answer by louise2 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2010